Wednesday, May 25, 2005

A Backhanded Compliment

One fine day when I dared to wear a short jumper as opposed to covering my posterior with swathes of voluminous fabric, I was met with smiles and admiration from the domestic staff. This was then followed on by comments from the drivers and guards that “you look very nice today Emira jan” [smirk, grim, sly wink]. This was then promptly followed on by comment from female Afghan colleague commenting that I looked very beautiful today.

Finally deciding to enquire as to how and why I was having a ‘hot day’, in hope that I had magically morphed into Heidi Klum overnight, she says, “It’s those jeans Emira jan.”

“In Afghanistan, men and women, we love big wide bottoms just like yours.”

3 Comments:

Blogger Drake Studebake said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:58 pm  
Blogger Emira Shafiqa said...

Yes, I believe it was you.

4:17 pm  
Blogger Drake Studebake said...

i believe on another occasion somebody kindly remarked:

"ma' lady, you have a ginormous white bottom."

8:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home