Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Musings

1. Is it cultural or is it just fucked, that men won’t even tell you the name of their wife in case you (a woman) want to sleep with her?
2. Why do local staff go home two hours earlier than the internationals?
3. … and take 2-day weekends?
4. Can the Afghan government find its way out of a paper bag?
5. Why is homosexuality so accepted here but hetero is not?
6. Why is Kabuli Pilau (rice) not called Kabuli Roghan (oil)?
7. When I feel sorry for myself because of the quality of life here, do I really understand how much worse it is for the average Afghan?
8. How do you tell someone that their body odour is so bad it makes you want to puke?
9. Will I really get fired if I get caught breaking security rules?
10. Why does the Lebanese restaurant have lamb on the menu but only ever serve chicken?
11. Will the French ever integrate with the rest of the expat community?
12. Is he staring at me because I am a) a foreigner b) a woman c) he is about to kidnap me?
13. Why are there flowers on Flower st but no chickens on Chicken st?
14. Why do I procrastinate by writing this shit when I have so much work to do?
15. Why is it called the “underground” church when in fact it meets at ground level in broad daylight?
16. Why won’t Drake Studebakke return to Kabul? Has he lost his love of shuttlecocks?
17. How can marrying your first cousin be so accepted? Does not the multitudes of deformed children and general spastic behaviour speak volumes…?
18. Where should I go for my next R&R?
19. Why am I single?
20. Does Bin Laden have one of those magic invisible cloaks like on Harry Potter? Why else can't the yanks find him? (It must be magic)
21. Does Bush/the American moral majority realise that democracy is a political theory not a religious theology?
22. Does that complete wanker, Dubya Bush realise he shits, eats, sweats and pisses like all regular humans and is not the saviour of the world?
23. Does America realise that every empire falls and that their demise is on the cards?
24. How many more songs can I fit on my iPod?
25. Why do I sound like a walrus on heat when I try to sing?

1 Comments:

Blogger Drake Studebake said...

wait. let's explore that first one.


as for the others. well, i think the answers can be summed up in one word. medieval

9:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home